The Ten Commandments The Antichrist Identity 666 is the Beasts Number Colossians 2:16 Truth Battle Of Armageddon Mark of the Beast 666 Revelations Two Witnesses The Bible Lake Of Fire What Happens At Death Rapture In The Bible Sabbath New Testament The Gift of Glossolalia Abomination Of Desolation 1000 Year Millennium Who is the Remnant Church Wednesday Crucifixion Sabbath To Sunday Change The Bible Sabbath Day Wiccan Wicca Witchcraft The 70 Weeks of Daniel False Teachers & Teachings The Mark and the Beast Who Changed The Sabbath
Revelation 17:5 “And upon her forehead was a name written, mystery, Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth.”
Quotes from the Catholic Church (Mystery Babylon) - Page 4
APOLOGY: If you belong to the Catholic Church please allow me to apologize up front for what may hurt or offend you. I love people from all denominations and have no vendetta against any Church as this would be contrary to Christian teaching, but this truth has to be preached. The statements below are made by the Catholic Church themselves so please do not be upset with me for what is presented here. I go by the Bible and the Bible alone where the Catholic Church say they are above the Bible and why they can do and say these things. There must be millions of people in the Catholic Church that are not aware of these things and that is no reflection on their faith or their love for Christ. If you believe that the statements from the Church below are correct and satisfactory, then I guess you are in the right Church for you though I pray you see the light. If you do not agree with the statements below then please find God’s true remnant Church. These are just a few of thousands of such quotes. You will note in the first quote that they are well aware that the Church is represented as a woman in scripture as the bride of Christ. It is unfortunate that they have it the wrong way. Mystery Babylon is the Harlot and not Christ’s spouse and they say it is all other Churches that have prostituted themselves. This is proven wrong by both history and the Bible.
- “The Catholic Church alone, then, Christ calls His Spouse. The Church, therefore, is one; this cannot be said amongst any of those who are heretics or schismatics. The churches of every one of the heretics is prostituted; they are churches which Christ repudiates as unnecessary, since He is the Spouse of One Church.” — St. Optatus of Milevis, “Schism of the Donatists,” Book I, no's. 6, 10; LAF, vol. II; PL 11; CSL, vol. XXVI, Vienna: 1893; FOC, p.158, (quoted in The Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 4: “The Book of Christians”, Chapter 2: “Those Who Reject Christ's Church Are Anti-Christian”).
Antichrist does not just mean against Christ but the Apostle John shows that he meant in place of Christ which he clarifies by making it very clear that they were initially part of the early Church. See 1 John 2:18-19.
- “The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but he is Jesus Christ, Himself, hidden under the veil of human flesh.” — Catholic National, July 1895.
- “The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.” — Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.
- “We hold upon this earth the place of God almighty.” — Pope Leo XIII, Encyclical Letter, June 20, 1894.
- “Even if the Pope were Satan incarnate, we ought not to raise up our heads against him, but calmly lie down to rest on his bosom. He who rebels against our Father is condemned to death, for that which we do to him we do to Christ: we honor Christ if we honor the Pope; we dishonor Christ if we dishonor the Pope. I know very well that many defend themselves by boasting: “They are so corrupt, and work all manner of evil!” But God has commanded that, even if the priests, the pastors, and Christ-on-earth were incarnate devils, we be obedient and subject to them, not for their sakes, but for the sake of God, and out of obedience to Him.” — St. Catherine of Siena, SCS, p. 201-202, p. 222, (quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 5: “The Book of Obedience”, Chapter 1: “There is No Salvation Without Personal Submission to the Pope”).
The Papacy knows the Bible definition of antichrist so who do they say are antichrist?
- “Remember and understand well that where Peter is, there is the Church; that those who refuse to associate in communion with the Chair of Peter belong to Antichrist, not to Christ. He who would separate himself from the Roman Pontiff has no further bond with Christ.” — Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum, quoted in “Acts of Leo XIII: Supreme Pontiff”, Rome: Vatican Press, 1896, (quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 4: “The Book of Christians”, Chapter 4: “There is No Allegiance to Christ Without Submission to the Pope”).
- “The (Catholic) Church is the entrance to life; all others are thieves and robbers. On this account we are bound to avoid them....Resist them in defense of the only true and life giving faith, which the Church has received from the Apostles and imparted to her sons.” — St. Irenaeus, Against Heresies, Book III, (quoted in article “The Perennial Understanding of the Church”, by Saint Benedict Center).
The following might explain also why Protestants are not happy with the Papacy. Anyone feel that a true Church of God can torture and murder who ever does not agree with their doctrine.
- “He is a heretic who does not believe what the Roman Hierarchy teaches.” — The American Textbook of Popery, p 164 (quoting from the “Directory for the Inquisitors”).
- “Heretics (those who are not members of the Catholic Church or who do not hold to Catholic doctrine) worship a God who is a liar, and a Christ who is a liar.” — St. Augustine, (quoted in “Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graca”, by Fr. J. P. Migne, Paris: 1866, 42:207).
- “The church may by divine right confiscate the property of heretics, imprison their person, and condemn them to flames. In our age, the right to inflict the severest penalties, even death, belongs to the church. There is no graver offense than heresy, therefore it must be rooted out.” — Public Eccliastical, Vol. 2, p.142.
- “When confronted with heresy, she (Catholic Church) does not content herself with persuasion, arguments of an intellectual and moral order appear to her insufficient, and she has recourse to force, to corporal punishment, to torture.” — The Rector of the Catholic Institute of Paris, H.M.A. Baudrillart, quoted in The Catholic Church, The Renassance, and Protestantism,p 182-183.
- “A heretic merits the pains of fire....By the Gospel, the canons, civil law, and custom, heretics must be burned.” — The American Textbook of Popery, p 164 (quoting from the “Directory for the Inquisitors”).
No mans authority is greater than God’s and to say that you can change God’s Word and His laws and that God will just go along with what His creation decides is to play God and is outright blasphemous. See also Mark 7:6-9, John 10:33, Daniel 7:25 Commentary.
- “The Pope is of great authority and power, that he is able to modify, declare, or interpret even divine laws. The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth...” — Lucius Ferraris, in “Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica”, Volume V, article on “Papa, Article II”, titled “Concerning the extent of Papal dignity, authority, or dominion and infallibility”, #30, published in Petit-Montrouge (Paris) by J. P. Migne, 1858 edition.
- “We may according to the fullness of our power, dispose of the law and dispense above the law. Those whom the Pope of Rome doth separate, it is not a man that separates them but God. For the Pope holdeth place on earth, not simply of a man but of the true God....dissolves, not by human but rather by divine authority....I am in all and above all, so that God Himself and I, the vicar of God, hath both one consistory, and I am able to do almost all that God can do...Wherefore, no marvel, if it be in my power to dispense with all things, yea with the precepts of Christ.” — Decretales Domini Gregori ix Translatione Episcoporum, (on the Transference of Bishops), title 7, chapter 3; Corpus Juris Canonice (2nd Leipzig ed., 1881), col. 99; (Paris, 1612), tom. 2, Decretales, col. 205 (while Innocent III was Pope).
- “We confess that the Pope has power of changing Scripture and of adding to it, and taking from it, according to his will.” — Roman Catholic Confessions for Protestants Oath, Article XI, (Confessio Romano-Catholica in Hungaria Evangelicis publice praescripta te proposita, editi a Streitwolf), as recorded in Congressional Record of the U.S.A., House Bill 1523, Contested election case of Eugene C. Bonniwell, against Thos. S. Butler, Feb. 15, 1913.
- “Most Christians assume that Sunday is the biblically approved day of worship. The Roman Catholic Church protests that it transferred Christian worship from the biblical Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday, and that to try to argue that the change was made in the Bible is both dishonest and a denial of Catholic authority. If Protestantism wants to base its teachings only on the Bible, it should worship on Saturday.” — Rome’s Challenge www.immaculateheart.com/maryonline December 2003
- “And God himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse to give absolution, provided the penitent is capable of it.” — St. Alphonsus De Liguori, in The Dignity of the Priesthood, p. 27.
The Papal Church not only say that all other Christians in the world are heretics, antichrist, liars, thieves and robbers and should be tortured and burned as they did to millions in the dark ages, but they also say you are not saved. Is it any wonder so many wonderful Catholic Christians left the Papal Church and started their own during the protestant reformation.
- “Unless therefore they receive saving baptism in the Catholic Church, which is one, they cannot be saved, but will be condemned with the carnal in the judgment of the Lord Christ.” — Catholic Bishop Nemesianus of Thubunae, The Seventh Council of Carthage Under Cyprian, Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. V.
- “When we say that faith is necessary for the remission of sins, we mean to speak of the Catholic faith, not heretical faith. Without the habit of this faith, no man is justified.” — St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori, (quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 3: “The Book of Faith”, Chapter 1, “There is No Salvation Except in the Catholic Faith”).
- “The holy universal Church teaches that it is not possible to worship God truly except in her and asserts that all who are outside of her will not be saved.” — St. Gregory the Great (Quoted by Pope Gregory XVI in Summo Iugiter Studio (On Mixed Marriages), Encyclical promulgated on May 27, 1832, #5.
- “It is absolutely necessary that the Christian community be subject in all things to the Sovereign Pontiff if it wishes to be a part of the divinely-established society founded by our Redeemer.” — Pope Pius XII, Orientalis Ecclesiae, quoted in “Acta Apostolicae Sedis”, 36:129, Rome: Vatican Press, (quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 4: “The Book of Christians”, Chapter 4: “There is No Allegiance to Christ Without Submission to the Pope”).
The Great Controversy
What is about to be presented here has seismic implications and is something that Satan has hundreds of deceptions to prevent the Christian world from knowing. The enemy will stop at nothing to have you see the greater picture of what is happening in this regard. Literally, it is about Good and Evil and whom we Worship. God’s true Church and an Apostate Church. If you observe nothing else here, please at least understand the following points. Satan wants to be worshipped as God. Worship is ultimately found in the Church, so Satan has to achieve his worship from the Church. He also found that he could inflict more damage on the Church from within, so Satan gave his “power, and his seat, and great authority” to the first beast of Revelation 13, the Papacy, which mystery Babylon came from. He did this to obtain the Worship he coveted.
The Sabbath is a SIGN that it is the true God we worship and belong to; therefore, keeping the wrong day has us fall short of this promise. Paganism from Satan is deeply rooted in Sun worship, so one of the first things Satan had to accomplish was to change the day of worship to a day that he instituted and DIFFERENT from the day that is a SIGN that we belong to God.
God created the world in six days so we should have a six day week… right? No. God added ONE extra day to the week so man could rest in Jesus and Worship Him totally on this day. The extra day added cannot go in place of the first day as it was a WORK day and was used for creating this world. The Seventh day which is the extra day God added with only one purpose is the day that God blessed and sanctified and made holy. It is not just about a day of worship, IT IS A SIGN that it is God we worship and give our allegiance to. It is NOT a sign that it is God we belong to if we keep another day. It is THE Seventh day that was added to the week for this ONE and ONLY purpose. It cannot move or end as it is part of a much bigger plan.
We find in the Bible that the number seven to God represents perfection and completeness. On the other hand, man was created on day six and this number represents the worship of man, the number of man and signifies his rebellion, imperfection, works and disobedience. The number three represents the pagan trinity and so triple six represents something very wrong. If the Sabbath were abolished at the cross then we would no longer need the Seventh day of the week and therefore God would have changed our week back to six days representing man and no longer perfection and completeness. Would God change the days of the week to a number representing man and not perfection and completeness? Not a chance! The Seventh day is here to stay and was added for no other purpose. Number seven and the Seventh day is very significant in more ways than one and is something we need to try and understand. Napoleon knew the significance of this and hated Christianity which is also part of why he ended the Popes rule and tried to change to a ten day week. His attempt failed.
Why does a lot of the Christian World literally have hundreds of different reasons for not keeping the true Sabbath? How many reasons do you think there should be as to why the very law that God spoke and wrote in person has been reduced to nine Commandments? If Christians don’t start opening their mind to the significance and truth of this one Commandment then many will perish in the end as the book of Revelation tells us when it says the whole world will be deceived.
Revelation 13:12 says, “And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” Is the entire earth truly and literally going to bow down and worship the Catholic Church? That is just not feasible, logical or possible. So what does this verse actually mean? Looking at this from a different angle for a moment, how is it that we show it is God we obey and worship and hence give our allegiance to? In reference to God feeding His people with manna in the wilderness, for forty years God worked three miracles every week to show Israel which day was holy. 1) No manna fell on the seventh day. 2) They could not keep it overnight without spoilage, but 3) when they kept it over the Sabbath, it remained sweet and fresh. What did God do to see if His children would keep His Commandments? Exodus 16:4 “Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.” God wanted to find if they would obey Him and keep all of His Commandments and laws, and how did God do that? He tested their allegiance to Him by seeing if they would keep His Seventh day Sabbath or not.
The Sabbath was the test Commandment to see if they would obey God and worship Him alone. Did they pass? Exodus 16:28 “And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse you to keep my commandments and my laws?” They failed to keep the Sabbath on the seventh day as instructed by God as miserably as most do today and He accused them of breaking ALL His Commandments and laws. This is very significant. It is a SIGN that it is God we obey and worship by keeping this one Commandment. It proves our allegiance to Him. This is the only Commandment that defines that it is God the Creator that we do worship. Here are three more scriptures that show that Sabbath is a sign that it is God we love and obey and worship and that it is God that therefore sanctifies us by making us Holy when we keep His weekly Sabbaths. Ezekiel 20:12 “Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.” Ezekiel 20:20 “And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God.” Exodus 31:16-17 “Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” If we are Christ’s then we are spiritual Jews and the Israel of God now. See Romans 2:28-29, Romans 9:6-8, Galatians 3:28-29 and Hebrews 8:10. Read Daniel's 70 weeks explained for why we are Israel today.
So how will the world be made to worship the Papacy? In exactly the same way we prove our allegiance to God. By worshipping on the day that Satan instituted through his agent the Papacy. When you worship on their day you give your allegiance to the enemy. This is total rebellion against God and why it carries the full wrath of God. When we worship on the Seventh day it proves that we walk in God’s laws and that we are giving our allegiance to Him. Revelation 14 is clearly about whom we worship and keeping God’s Commandments. It is easy to see if you truly love God. So does the Commandment and the day matter? Even if you don’t fully understand it, you better believe it’s very important to God. We need to understand that we demonstrate our worship to God by our love and obedience. Isn’t love and obedience through faith what is important to God? Who are you going to give your allegiance to? Are you going to keep the day that Satan desires to be worshipped on or the day that God added to the week that is a memorial of creation and a day that defines that it is God we worship and belong to? As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. When God gave the Ten Commandments in fiery majesty, He had purpose in every Commandment. Not one was intended to change. Each and every one are to last as long as heaven and earth. If you study the table below you should see the bigger picture and why Satan changed the day through paganism.
God’s True Church
The Apostate Church
|Clothed with the sun
(God/Church is light. 1 John 1:5, Matthew 5:14)
|Clothed in purple and scarlet
(Sin/Corruption. Revelation 17:3, Isaiah 1:18)
|The remnant Church (from the original)
|Mother of Harlots (other Churches came from her)
|It is God who wants the Worship and receives it
|It is Satan who wants the worship and receives it
|Christ is the head of the Church
|Man is the head of the Church
(Catholic Church quote 1, quote 2)
|Christ is its power and authority
|Satan gave it its power and authority
|Based on scripture
(Acts 17:11, 1 John 2:5)
|Based on Tradition
(Catholic Church quote, Mark 7:6-9)
|Keeps God’s Commandments
(Revelation 12:17, 14:12)
|Changed God’s Commandments
|Worships God only
(Keeps 2nd Commandment)
|Worships Idols and Mary
(2nd Commandment deleted)
|Keeps God’s true Sabbath day of Worship
|Changed the Sabbath to Satan’s day of Worship
(Catholic Church quote 1, quote 2)
|True day of Worship is based on the Word
|False day of worship comes from Paganism
(Historic Quote 1, Quote 2)
|True day comes from worship of the Son of God
(Exodus 31:16-17, Isaiah 58:13-14)
|False day came from worship of the Sun god
|Our allegiance is to God when we worship on His holy day
(Ezekiel 20:20, Exodus 31:16-17, Revelation 14:7)
|Our allegiance is to Satan when we worship on their day
(Hover or click here, Revelation 13:2, Revelation 13:4)
|Jesus is the capstone
(Matthew 21:42, 1 Peter 2:7)
|Satan through Paganism is the capstone
|Does not commit fornication
(Revelation 12:17, 14:12)
|Commits spiritual fornication
(Revelation 14:8; 17:2, 4; 18:3, 9)
|Works on destroying the powers of Satan
|Satan through her tried to destroy God’s true Church
(Revelation 13:7, Daniel 7:25)
|Preaches the 3 angels messages
One message warns of the Mark of the Beast
|Does not preach the 3 angels messages
The MARK of the Beast is her MARK
|Reigns with Christ for ever and ever
|Destroyed by God and thrown into the lake of fire
Mystery Babylon Conclusion:
There are absolutely hundreds of interpretations on prophecy and especially on 666 and the Mark of the Beast, mystery Babylon, who is the antichrist Beast and the Battle of Armageddon. This is the primary error of the majority of Christians as we are specifically told that we are NOT to have any private interpretations with Bible prophecy. God’s Word tells us all we need to know without any speculation whatsoever. Note the following scripture that we should impress deeply into our minds.
2 Peter 1:20 “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.”
And finally, the book of Revelation concludes with an extreme warning telling us not to add or take away from the prophecies written in this book or there are very dreadful eternal consequences.
Revelation 22:18-19 “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
As seen, Mystery Babylon is more than clearly identified as being an apostate Church that persecutes the saints for 1260 years. This is established by the Bible in all these chapters and history. The mark of the beast is the mark of this Apostate Church and this makes identification of this mark much easier and no speculation is required. The issue becomes one of who we Worship. Do we give our allegiance to God by worshipping on His blessed and sanctified day or do we can give our allegiance to Satan who gave his power and authority to mystery Babylon to achieve the worship he desired in place of God and on his day. This is a very serious matter and not one to ignore or see how many different reasons we can find not to Worship on God’s day. This day is obviously very important to God and so it should be important to us. The whole great controversy is all about idolatry and who we worship. The Sabbath Commandment is a sign that it is God we worship and the mark of the beast issue is about whom we worship and God’s Commandments. Satan through mystery Babylon changed the Sabbath in favour of Sun worship which is idolatry. Why did Satan do this? Could it be that Satan has gotten away with one of the best deceptions on the Christian Church in history? Why do so many Christians try so desperately not to worship on God’s Holy day? It is hard enough to resist the devil at the best of times for what we know to be sin. Could it be that Satan has found it easy to influence the minds of many wonderful Christians because they have not understood the seismic importance of this issue? Perhaps this one Commandment that so many have forgotten and the day does indeed matter.